Klobuchar Dismisses Trump’s Claim on Support for Tariffs by Farmers — ‘Rarely’ Tells the Truth

Breitbart | 7/5/2019 | Pam Key
Mijac (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/06/6152019-Amy-Klobuchar-speaking-filephoto-Getty-640x335.jpg

Friday on MSNBC’s “Live,” Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) said President Donald Trump “rarely” tells the truth while discussing trade disputes.

Host Ali Velshi asked, “You are from Minnesota, and you are on the Agriculture Committee, just in the last hour I spoke to a conservative economist who said that while farmers are suffering because of the trade war, the amount of subsidy they get from the federal government allows them to justify continuing to support the president in these trade wars. What’s your take on that?”

Klobuchar - Take - Farmers - Living - Soybeans

Klobuchar said, “My take is that the farmers I know, they just want to make a living. They know very well is the more their soybeans sit at their farms, or they are unable to sell goods to market, the more those contracts are going to farmers in other countries and foreign lands. It’s going to be harder and harder. They can’t just get those contracts back in a month. So they’re long-term viability. We have had more and more farm bankruptcies, especially for the small farmers. So my focus as a senior member of the Agriculture Committee and my focus...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!