Mom of Indiana teen son shot dead trying to sell an Xbox says he will be 'forever missed'

Mail Online | 7/5/2019 | Associated Press;Josh Saunders For Dailymail.com
moemajor (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/05/23/15690966-0-image-a-30_1562367202366.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/05/2211818377681745261/1024x576_MP4_2211818377681745261.mp4

The mother of an Indiana teenager who was shot dead while trying to sell an Xbox has spoken about her 'unbelievable heartbreak'.

Kelly Arroyo said that her son Johnny Peluyera, 16, would be a 'boy forever missed and a man the world will miss', as she read an emotional statement to media on Thursday.

Arrest - Males - Connection - Boy - Murder

This came after the arrest of two males aged 17 and 18, in connection with the boy's murder, after search warrants were issued.

The teenagers, from Gary and Crown Point, who remain unnamed, are expected to face charges this week, Lake County Sheriff Oscar Martinez Jr told The Times of Northwest Indiana.

Arroyo - Statement - Paper - 'Johnny - Person

Arroyo said in a statement to the paper: 'Johnny was a funny, helpful, respectful person and I am so proud to know that our son carried those qualities in the world and made a positive impact.

'The harder days are still to come because we have the what ifs and what he would be like as a grown man.

Boy - Forever - Man - World

'Johnny will be a boy forever missed and a man the world will miss.

'We truly are speechless and in complete awe that the story of his life has gone this viral and I pray that in our tragedy and unnecessary heartbreak that lessons can be learned for all.

Plea - Parents - Babies - Them

'I especially plea to all parents, hold your babies, tell them everyday you love them and you are proud of them.'

The family revealed they have 'struggled to hold it together' and were thankful to family and friends for their support.

Peluyera - Merrillville - June - Console - Buyers

Peluyera, from Merrillville, was killed on June 12, as he tried to sell his gaming console to two prospective buyers who had connected with the teen online.

His father, John Peluyera, had driven him near to the corner of 51st Avenue and Maryland Street, in Glen Park, to sell...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: