Not Even Kamala Harris Knows Where She Stands on Busing Anymore

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 7/5/2019 | Stacey Matthews
kims (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/KamalaHarrisBusing.jpg

After she was praised by left-wing pundits as the winner of the second Democratic presidential debate last week, Sen. Kamala Harris (CA) enjoyed a wave of positive polling numbers, increased fundraising numbers, and favorable publicity.

Her perceived debate victory stems from how she brutally confronted frontrunner Joe Biden on his remarks about working with segregationist Senators and his position on busing. Here’s the transcript of their remarks towards each other on the busing issue:

HARRIS - Vice - President - Biden - Racist

HARRIS: And I’m going to now direct this at Vice President Biden. I do not believe you are a racist. And I agree with you when you commit yourself to the importance of finding common ground, but I also believe — and it is personal, and it was actually very hurtful to hear you talk about the reputations of two United States senators who built their reputation and career on the segregation of race in this country. And it was not only that, but you also worked with them to oppose busing. And you know, there was a little girl in California who was a part of the second class to integrate her public schools, and she was bused to school every day. And that little girl was me. So I will tell you that, on this subject, it cannot be an intellectual debate among Democrats. We have to take it seriously. We have to act swiftly. As attorney general of California, I was very proud to put in place a requirement that all my special agents wear body cameras and keep those cameras on.

BIDEN: A mischaracterization of my position across the board. I did not praise racists, that is not true. Number one. Number two, if we want to have this campaign litigated on who supports civil rights and whether I did or not, I’m happy to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: