Dramatic moment earthquake strikes during Colin Cowherd's sports talk show

Mail Online | 7/4/2019 | Ariel Zilber For Dailymail.com;Reuters
Emzah92 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/04/23/15649556-0-image-a-2_1562278351647.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/04/7266085872048029918/1024x576_MP4_7266085872048029918.mp4

The earthquake in Southern California was also felt in the studios of Colin Cowherd’s daily sports talk show.

Cowherd briefly interrupted his show to observe that an earthquake hit the Los Angeles metropolitan area on Thursday.

Host - Agency - NBA - Superstar - Kawhi

As the host was discussing the free agency of NBA superstar Kawhi Leonard, Cowherd quickly shifted course and said: ‘Uh, we are having an earthquake in Los Angeles.

‘I thought somebody was grabbing my desk. I’ve never been in an earthquake, certainly not on the air.

Cowherd - Show - Herd - Monday - Friday

Cowherd’s show, The Herd, is broadcast Monday through Friday at noon on Fox Sports 1 TV and on Fox Sports Radio.

A powerful earthquake jolted Southern California on Thursday, touching off house fires and damaging buildings in a desert town northeast of Los Angeles, but authorities said it has caused only minor injuries.

Quake - Decades - Area - Miles - Los

The 6.4 magnitude quake, the largest in two decades in the area, struck about 113 miles northeast of Los Angeles near the city of Ridgecrest at around 1:30pm EDT, according to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).

The Kern County Fire Department said it was dealing with 'multiple injuries,' two house fires, small brush fires and gas leaks.

Hand - Kern - County - Fire - Chief

'However we feel are going to have the upper hand on this,' said Kern County Fire Chief David Witt.

'We don’t know the exact number of injuries but so far they have been minor,' he said at a briefing.

Ridgecrest - Mayor - Peggy - Breeden - Quake

Ridgecrest Mayor Peggy Breeden said she had never felt a quake 'like this long rolling' temblor, adding she was driving in her car when it happened and immediately pulled up her emergency brake.

'We are used to earthquakes but we’re not used to this significance,' she told MSNBC.

Quake - Southern - California - Magnitude - Northridge

The quake is the largest in Southern California since the 1994 magnitude 6.6 Northridge earthquake, USGS geophysicist Paul Caruso said.

That quake, which was centered in a heavily populated area of Los...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!