Would YOU go on a sex strike? Meet the four women who use bedroom bans

Mail Online | 7/4/2019 | Samantha Brick for the Daily Mail
kimberly163 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/04/21/15647486-0-image-a-3_1562273444687.jpg

As a marital weapon, its power is indomitable. No wonder the ‘sex strike’ — women refusing to have sex with their husbands to get their own way — has been used for millennia.

Back in 411BC, Greek dramatist Aristophanes wrote a play about women withholding marital favours until a war is ended — but it recently came back into focus when U.S. actress Alyssa Milano urged women to refuse intimacy to protest against new abortion laws.

Method - Britain - Bedrooms - Samantha - Brick

And this undoubtedly effective method is still being wielded in Britain’s bedrooms. Samantha Brick spoke to four wives who went on strike to find out why.

Maggie McKenzie, 38, is married to a financier and has a son, Zephir, 15 months. She lives in Kensington, West London. She says:

Woman - Power - Sex - Strike - Mid-20s

When I was young I was incredibly naive about a woman’s sexual power. So my first sex strike, in my mid-20s, started off somewhat unwittingly.

I’ve been a vegetarian since I was a teenager (and turned vegan a few years ago) and until that point had always dated fellow veggies. But then I met a meat-eating man and was completely smitten.

Diet - Values - Someone - Meat

Though I really liked him I just couldn’t square his diet with my personal values, and found it almost impossible to be intimate with someone who smelt of meat.

So — having slept with him once to prove just how good we were together — I told him that if he wanted to forge something serious with me, including further sexual relations, he’d have to give up meat.

Ways - Fortnight - Vegetarian - Power - Date

Though I hoped he would change his ways, I wasn’t expecting him to. So I was shocked when he caved in after a fortnight, and became a vegetarian. Suddenly, I realised how much sexual power I wielded. We went on to date for five years.

In subsequent relationships I used sex strikes to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!