Amy Klobuchar’s student loan policies show just how far leftward Democrats have moved

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 7/4/2019 | New Neo
Coraav (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Klobuchar.png

Dennis Prager has done the tedious work of listening to the entirety of the recent Democratic debates and pointing out some of the excesses.

To take one example:

Sen - Amy - Klobuchar - D-Minn - Billionaires

Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn.: “If billionaires can pay off their yachts, students should be able to pay off their student loans.”

My only response to this statement is to ask, Do most Democrats find that a compelling argument? Do they not realize what a non sequitur it is — and therefore how demagogic?

Billionaires - Non-billionaires - Debts - Debts - Billionaires

Billionaires, like non-billionaires, pay off their debts because they do not incur debts they cannot repay, not because they are billionaires. Senator Klobuchar apparently believes that non-billionaires need not pay off their debts. Every Democrat who addressed this issue said American society should repay student debts — which amount to $1.6 trillion. The party of “fairness” thinks it’s fair that every student who repaid his or college debts — and every young American who never went to college — must pay off that debt.

Well, I suppose it depends on what the meaning of “should” is. All people who take out a loan shouldn’t do it unless they think they will be able to pay it off in a timely fashion. So in that sense, of course students should be able to pay off their loans, or they shouldn’t take them on.

Candidates - Look

But that certainly doesn’t appear to be what Klobuchar—widely touted as one of the more moderate Democratic candidates in 2020—meant. Let’s take a closer look at what she proposed:

…[Y]ou have so many people that are having trouble affording college and having trouble affording their premiums.

College - Kids - Plan - One - Plan

So I do get concerned about paying for college for rich kids. I do. But I think my plan is a good one. And my plan would be to, first of all, make community college free and make sure...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!