This Happens Where Freedom Really Means Something to You

Ann Voskamp | 7/4/2019 | Staff
rubydrummer (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48188410282_777e7b5938_b_d.jpg

Historic.

Now, true — I’ve got no idea when somebody actually made the declaration that this whole shebang is of historic proportions — I just know there’s a whole bunch of us living in uncharted territory this year.

Land - Brave

Living in the land of the brave.

I just know know when the rains started in March — they didn’t stop.

History - Rain - Year - Years - Record-keeping

It’s been the wettest 12-months in recorded history. More rain this year than in 120 years of record-keeping.

Half a foot more.

Rains - Spring - Farm - Back - Farmhouse

It about seemed like the rains this spring might wash our farm straight away. It felt strangely biblical, standing there at the back farmhouse window watching it pour, waiting for our window of opportunity, waiting to plant a crop, waiting through 40 days and 40 nights of rain.

“Nothing is lost in the waiting process — because waiting is a growth process.”

Farmer - Fears - Faith - Rain - Roof

But the Farmer drowned all fears in faith, and he kept murmuring it while rain thrummed the roof day after day:

Nothing is lost in the waiting process —- because waiting is a growth process. Waiting is growing us.

Grace

Waiting is gestating a greater grace.

Always:

Longing

Longing is enlarging.

And we believed:

Window - Opportunity - Land - Opportunity

Looking for a window of opportunity will let you see a land of opportunity.

When the sky finally relents and parts, when our window of opportunity finally cracks open, the whole countryside is this exodus of tractors and planters moving out into the land.

Dust - Rolls - Freedom - Rolls

Dust rolls like freedom rolls.

“When God said, ‘Let My people go’ — He didn’t mean for people to go their own way, or the easy way, or the well-travelled wide ways — but to go His way.”

Land - Breaks - Plant - Hope

The land breaks open to plant hope.

Families and neighbors rise to the occasion the way all people should always rise: together.

Land - Hardworking - Exodus - Land - Fear

Living in the land of the hardworking brave looks like an exodus out of the land of fear to forge...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ann Voskamp
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: