Tom Holland Says Marvel Films Need ‘Gay Spider-Man’ and Fewer ‘Straight White Guys’

Breitbart | 7/3/2019 | Warner Todd Huston
tiffcourt011 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/07/tomholland1-640x335.jpg

Tom Holland, who plays Peter Parker in Marvel’s latest superhero movie, Spider-Man: Far from Home, says it is time for a “gay Spider-Man” and said the Marvel universe needs more racially diverse characters besides “straight white guys.”

The British-born actor unveiled his hopes for a gayer Marvel universe in an interview with the Sunday Times, explaining that he would be open to a gay Spider-Man or at least more gay characters.

Course - Holland - Parker

“Yeah, of course,” Holland said when asked if he would mind playing a gay Spider-Man/Peter Parker.

But Holland added that plans are underway to begin adding LGBTQ characters into future Marvel superhero films. “I can’t talk about the future of the character because honestly I don’t know and it’s out of my hands. But I do know a lot about the future of Marvel, and they are going to be representing lots of different people in the next few years.”

World - Guy - Films

“The world isn’t as simple as a straight white guy. It doesn’t end there, and these films need to represent more than one...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!