How to identify an eating disorder and find hope

www.christianpost.com | 7/3/2019 | Staff
doona07 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/18/231880.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Menu Comment

In her latest video, plus-sized model and vlogger Yumi, together with her friend Christina Boudreau, open up about something rarely talked about publicly but often experienced privately: eating disorders.

Lot - People - Portion - Lives - Eating

“A lot of people go a large portion of their lives not knowing they have an eating disorder,” Yumi explains. So, she asks Christina to identify when her quest for losing a few pounds actually turned into something more.

“What started as a diet to be more popular at school or to get that boy I liked to like me turned into anorexia by the fifth grade,” Christina admits. “I remember throwing up my food sometimes eight times a day, drinking three cups of coffee a day and taking drugs to stay thin.”

Illness - Cycle - Christina - Suicide

It was a mental illness combined with a vicious, habitual cycle that eventually led Christina to attempt suicide.

“I wanted an escape,” Christina continues. “It wasn’t until my dad sat me down one day and…explained to me ‘this is what an eating disorder is’ that I was able to go...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: