American couple quit jobs for life on the road in converted school bus

Mail Online | 7/2/2019 | Samantha Lewis For Mailonline
KHALED (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/02/14/15530652-0-image-a-96_1562073290310.jpg

Do you like the sound of ditching your 9-5 job and living life on the open road in a chic converted school bus?

Chase Green, 28, and Mariajosé Trejo, 25, have done just that and are travelling the world with their two canine companions.

Couple - Months - £12 - Yellow - Vehicle

The creative couple spent four months and $16,000 (£12,656) transforming the bright yellow, 84-seater vehicle, which they bought for $3,500 (£2772), into a sleek 250sqft house on wheels.

It features a gorgeous interior and they have managed to kit it out with all the essentials - a king size bed, bathroom with toilet and shower, 100-gallon water tank, solar panels, fridge freezer and even a kitchen sink.

Home - Comforts - Wood - Burning - Stove

There are also home comforts such as a wood burning stove, hammocks and roof deck.

Despite it being an eighth of the size of their former home, Chase said they like the idea of living in a small space.

'We - People - Buses - Vans - YouTube

He explained: 'We had been watching people convert buses and vans on YouTube. My father showed us the first videos because he knew we both really loved the idea of small space living.

'We lived in a 2,000sqft home and had rooms that we furnished and never even used, it was wasteful.

February - Conference - Call - Restructure - Others

'In February 2018 I sat on a conference call and was informed of a corporate restructure that affected me and many others. Mariajosé and I decided at this point to stop giving our time away and to live how we want.'

Chase, originally from Knoxville and Mariajosé from Merida in Venezuela, set off in August 2018, selling their home two months later to live on the road full time.

Wisconsin

They have travelled from Wisconsin...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tyranny has such cute names, like Democrat, Republican, Congress, Senate...