‘Doctor Sleep’ Director Mike Flanagan Sets Genre Series ‘Midnight Mass’ at Netflix

Collider | 7/1/2019 | Jeff Sneider
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/doctor-sleep-ewan-mcgregor-redrum-600x400.jpg

I’ll admit, it took me a while to come around on genre filmmaker Mike Flanagan but I’m firmly on the bandwagon these days. I remember being decidedly unimpressed with his haunted mirror movie Oculus, and didn’t really get what all the was fuss was about early in his career. But Netflix has really forced me to do a ‘180’ on the guy. I really liked Flanagan’s low-budget thrillers Hush and Gerald’s Game, and I’ve heard good things about his latest Stephen King adaptation, Doctor Sleep, which serves a sequel to The Shining.

Flanagan is best known for his Netflix series The Haunting of Hill House, which led the streamer to sign the director and Trevor Macy, his Intrepid Pictures producing partner, to a multi-year overall deal. And now we’ve learned that the first project to come out of that deal will be Midnight Mass, a seven-episode series about an isolated island community that begins to experience miraculous events — and frightening omens — when a mysterious young priest arrives in town.

Flanagan - Produce - Midnight - Mass - Macy

Flanagan will direct and executive produce Midnight Mass with Macy, who are also prepping a second installment in the Haunting franchise — The Haunting of Bly Manor, which will star Victoria...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Individuals can exist without government but government can't exist without individuals.