American teen, 15, takes on idol Venus Williams less than a week after sitting her exams

Mail Online | 7/1/2019 | Dianne Apen-sadler For Mailonline
darktm22darktm22 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/01/18/15495382-0-image-a-26_1562001771822.jpg

An American teenager who became the youngest woman in 50 years to qualify for Wimbledon is facing her idol Venus Williams in the first round.

Cori 'Coco' Gauff, 15, is taking on the seven-time Grand Slam singles winner, 39, on Court One - just a week after finishing her exams.

Age - Difference - Tennis - Legend - Guaff

Despite the 24-year age difference, she is beating the tennis legend at 5-4 to Guaff.

The teen has modelled her life on the Williams sisters - moving from Georgia, Alabama, to their home state of Florida to further her career.

Time - Face-to-face - Hero - Gauff - Father

This isn't the first time she has come face-to-face with her hero either - when she was eight, Gauff's father managed to get front-row tickets to the U.S. Open and she even got her autograph.

She told SportsMail: 'They're great role models for the sport and in general. I'm super excited to play against Venus. I've never practised or hit with either of them.

US - Open

'My first US Open I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It's a fight to the death, which you will eventually lose...