Middleton Receives $178 Million Deal To Stay With Bucks

www.oann.com | 1/15/2015 | Staff
moemajor (Posted by) Level 3
All-Star forward Khris Middleton agreed to remain with the Milwaukee Bucks after free agency began Sunday night, landing a reported five-year, $178 million.

Middleton, who turns 28 next month, is a key cog for a team that had the NBA’s best record and reached the Eastern Conference finals before falling to the Toronto Raptors.

Decision - Account - ESPN

He explained his decision in a first-person account published by ESPN.

“We have unfinished business here in Milwaukee,” Middleton said. “This season was a stepping-stone for me personally and for us as a group. I achieved so many firsts on and off the court: I earned my first All-Star appearance; we made the Eastern Conference finals; I became a father.

Goal - Eastern - Conference - Finals - Mission

“But I am not done. We are not done. The goal wasn’t to reach the Eastern Conference finals — we are on a mission to win a championship. I want to be a part of that mission, which is why I am staying here in Milwaukee for the next five years.”

Middleton averaged 18.3 points, 6.0 rebounds and 4.3 assists this past season. He averaged a career-best 20.1 points the previous season.

Middleton - Option - Agent - NBA - Title

Middleton, who declined a $13 million option to become a free agent, said he wants to win an NBA title with teammate Giannis Antetokounmpo, who won MVP honors this past season.

“It means a little more to me to work to win a championship with this group in this city because I was there for those darker days,” Middleton said. “Giannis and I have been through...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: