On my radar: Florence Pugh’s cultural highlights

the Guardian | 6/30/2019 | Killian Fox
nallynally (Posted by) Level 4

Actor Florence Pugh was born in 1996 and raised in Oxfordshire and southern Spain. Part of an arty family – her mother is a dancer and her three siblings are actors – she got her screen break in 2014 playing opposite Maisie Williams in coming-of-age drama The Falling. She followed it two years later with a Bifa award-winning lead performance in Lady Macbeth. Last year, she played an actor turned spy in the BBC adaptation of John le Carré’s The Little Drummer Girl, and is now the lead in Ari Aster’s folk-horror movie Midsommar, in cinemas from Friday.

On whatever job that I’m doing, I always end up getting drawn to songs and making a playlist. During Midsommar, I listened heavily to the latest album by the Icelandic musician Ólafur Arnalds, which was a massive help. There were so many things in Midsommar that I didn’t really know how to access, so I always had my headphones at the ready. There’s so much emotion and excitement in his music – it’s sad, but also really hopeful – that it became a way of talking to Ari [Aster, director of Midsommar] about scenes. [Arnalds] has a fantastic way of forcing you to feel, and I find it quite therapeutic to get all of that out. And he once liked a tweet of mine and I nearly died.

Lots - Books - Time - Book - Take

I tend to start lots of books but not finish them, because I don’t have that much free time, but this was one book that I finished recently and loved. It’s a take on the Manson family, but it’s less about him and more about the connection between two women in the group, and what lust and attraction can make you do. It’s a coming-of-age story as well, and I really loved the way bodies are...
(Excerpt) Read more at: the Guardian
Wake Up To Breaking News!
He is faithful!