Selena Gomez condemns the inhumane conditions at migrant detention centers

Mail Online | 6/28/2019 | Marlene Lenthang For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/30/15/15445416-0-image-a-20_1561903830058.jpg

Selena Gomez is condemning the treatment of migrant children in detention camps where they are separated from their parents and live in appalling conditions at the southern U.S. border.

The 26-year-old actress is calling for change in a heartfelt Instagram post shared on Saturday night, rallying her fans to stand up to the 'absolutely inhumane' crisis.

'Kids - Cages - Floors - Blankets - Access

'Kids in cages! Sleeping on concrete floors with aluminum blankets! No access to simple dignities! How is this still happening???' the actress hails from Texas and is of Mexican-American descent wrote on Saturday.

'It’s absolutely inhumane to treat anyone like this let alone children. I can’t even imagine what they are going through. We need to get this to finally stop!' she added.

Disney - Star - Fans - Representatives - Camps

The former Disney star then urged her fans to call their local representatives to complain about the camps with the hope of sparking change.

The post racked up over 5million likes - but not everyone was supportive of the Come and Get it singer.

Picture - Caption - Detention - Camps - Image

Some called her out for posting an alluring picture of herself while dedicating the caption to the detention camps, instead of sharing an image of the conditions at the border.

'Because posting a glamorous pic of yourself really brings light to the situation,' one Instagram user noted.

Instagram - Users - Platform

But most Instagram users thanked her for using her platform to speak out.

'A women with power that knows how to use it for better change is also called a queen. I stan,' one fan wrote. '

'THIS - Platform - Stuff - Matter - Queen

'THIS is exactly how you're supposed to use your platform for stuff that matter, thank u queen,' another...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!