Donald Trump shakes hands with Kim Jong-un as he becomes first US president ever to set foot in North Korea

The Sun | 6/30/2019 | Staff
elio25 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/AF-COMPOSITE-TRUMP-KIM.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=1200&h=800&crop=1

DONALD Trump became the first US President to set foot in North Korea today as he shook hands with Kim Jong-un at the Korean Demilitarised Zone (DMZ) for a historic third meeting.

The North Korean leader accepted Trump's Twitter invitation to “say hello” and “shake hands” in an attempt to revive stalled nuke talks.

Trump - Visit - Border - North - South

This is Trump’s first visit to the heavily fortified border between the North and the South – as his last attempted trip in 2017 was thwarted by bad weather.

Trump crossed the border and became the first US President to ever set foot in North Korea - and Kim said he was "proud" he did it.

Moment - Trump - Barrier - Time

The moment was filmed and photographed as Trump approached the concrete barrier at about 3.45pm local time.

Trump spoke to reporters as Kim stood beside him.

Honour - Line - Honour - Progress - Friendships

He said: "I just want to say this is my honour. Stepping across that line is a great honour, great progress has been made, great friendships have been made and this has been, in particular, a great friendship."

Trump also thanked Kim for being able to meet on short notice.

Day

He said: "We met and we liked each other from day one, and that is very important.

He also invited the North Korean leader to the US for a visit and added "history has been made".

Trump

Trump said: “I would invite him right now.

"When I became president of the US, there was great great conflict, now there is less conflict.

Honour - Chairman - Honour

“It’s my great honour and the Chairman’s honour.”

Kim confirmed he was asked to meet Trump yesterday and said he wanted to meet again.

Reporters - Meeting - Symbol - Division - Past

He told reporters: "I believe that meeting here, which is a symbol of division and a hostile past, I think meeting here, two countries that have a hostile past, we are showcasing to the world that we have a new present and we...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Sun
Wake Up To Breaking News!