Remarks by President Trump and Chancellor Merkel of Germany Before Bilateral Meeting | Osaka, Japan

The White House | 6/28/2019 | Staff
Omnista (Posted by) Level 3
PRESIDENT TRUMP: Thank you very much. It’s great to be with Chancellor Merkel, a friend of mine — a great friend of mine. And we’ve had a terrific relationship.

The trade between Germany and the United States, I think, has reached a — pretty much a high level. We’ll see if we can do even better, but it’s reached a level that it’s never reached before.

Things - Meeting - Time - Person - Woman

And we have many things to talk about, and we have a long meeting scheduled. And we’ll be spending some time later on together also. But I just want to say she’s a fantastic person, a fantastic woman, and I’m glad to have her as a friend.

And thank you very much, Angela. Thank you.

CHANCELLOR - MERKEL - Thank

CHANCELLOR MERKEL: Thank you.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Thank you.

CHANCELLOR - MERKEL - Interpreted - Thank - Look

CHANCELLOR MERKEL: (As interpreted.) Thank you. Thank you very much. I very much look forward to our exchange today.

We have a lot on our agenda, especially the fact that German investment in the United States is very important. Not only bilateral trade is important but also German companies are investing a lot in the United States of America.

Issues - Developments - Front

We’re going to talk about international issues, the developments on the international front too, especially about what has been...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The White House
Wake Up To Breaking News!