Mother, 24, 'killed her twin girls, two, with her bare hands' then 'screamed at cops to shoot her'

Mail Online | 6/28/2019 | Lauren Fruen For Dailymail.com
j.moomin (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/28/20/15391434-0-image-a-59_1561751649200.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/06/28/2956225515597352302/1024x576_MP4_2956225515597352302.mp4

The mother charged with murdering her two-year-old twin girls is said to have confessed to killing them with her 'bare hands' before screaming at police to shoot her, court papers have revealed.

Tenia Campbell, 24, of Medford, New York was arrested after her young daughters, Jasmine and Jaida, were found suffering from cardiac arrest in the back of her car in Montauk on Thursday.

Scene - Police - Search - Miles - Mother

She was arrested at the scene following a frantic police search spanning more than 60 miles, which began when her own mother, Vanessa McQueen, called 911 at 2.30pm telling police Tenia had threatened to kill herself and her daughters.

Campbell appeared in court Friday, covering her face and said nothing following her arraignment on two counts of second-degree murder.

McQueen - Police - Statement - Daughter - Toddlers

McQueen is said to have told police in a statement that her daughter admitted to killing the toddlers 'with my bare hands'.

She is also said to have told police of Tenia's 'very long history of mental disorders' and struggle with bipolar disorder.

Campbell - Mother - 'I - Babies - Them

Campbell reportedly told her mother: 'I killed my babies and now I have to be with them.'

McQueen, 48, adds: 'At one point she said she was going to find the ocean and walk into it and drown so she could be with my babies in Heaven.

'She - Disorder - Teenager - Depression - Anxiety

'She was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder as a teenager and she has been battling depression and anxiety her whole life.

'I tried so hard to help my daughter Tenia. I love her so much but she has a mental disorder and there was just no talking to her today.'

Suffolk - County - Police - Commissioner - Geraldine

Suffolk County police commissioner Geraldine Hart said at a press conference: 'Tenia had parked her car near the entrance of the park, walked to Montauk Highway and started screaming at responding officers to shoot her.

'Tenia, who was at times hysterical, wouldn’t say...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!