Georgia community comes together to support a homeless McDonald's employee

Mail Online | 6/27/2019 | Andrew Court For Dailymail.com;Luke Andrews For Mailonline
lhumara (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/27/17/15338014-0-image-a-47_1561651826433.jpg

A Georgia community has rallied together after an image of a homeless man sleeping in their town's McDonald's unexpectedly went viral.

Simon Childs, 21, has been gifted with clothing, temporary accommodation and a car after he was photographed asleep in the Fayetteville fast food franchise over the weekend.

Woman - Picture - Childs - Facebook - Lack

A woman snapped a picture of Childs and shared it to Facebook, complaining about his lack of decorum.

'Just another reason for me to leave Fayetteville,' she wrote beneath the image.

'I - McDonald - Middle - Town - Guy

'I was in the McDonald's in the middle of town and I saw this guy sleeping in the booth, I go tell an employee that someone is asleep in their booth and her response was 'Oh yeah, we know, hee hee, it's ok', and I said, 'Not really, but whatever''.

The post quickly started to circulate on social media, with many users criticizing the woman for publicly shaming a man who appeared to be in dire economic circumstances.

WSB-TV - Childs - Employee - Fayetteville - McDonald

WSB-TV tracked down Childs, who revealed he is an employee at the Fayetteville McDonald's and was catching up on rest inside the restaurant between shifts.

Childs told the news network he is currently homeless and has been struggling...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!