FROM THE ARCHIVES – HE IS GOD AND WE ARE NOT

sharperiron.org | 6/27/2019 | Staff
kringkring (Posted by) Level 4
Casting Crowns popularized a song titled, “In Me.” Some of the lyrics follow:

How refreshing to know You don’t need me.

How amazing to find that You want me.

Until You bring the victory, by the power of Christ in me.

Depth - Lyrics - Board - Topic - God

I was impressed at the depth of these lyrics. They serve as a jumping board for my topic: He is God and we are not. Hopefully, these thoughts will serve as a tonic to remedy a popular—but weakened—view of God.

The first principle suggested by the song is that God does not need us, but we need Him. The Scriptures are clear on this:

God - Him - Love - Church - Kingdom

God urges us to serve Him, and His love for us is great; but He does not need us. Your church needs you. The Kingdom of God summons you to loyal service, and your absence affects the Body. But God’s throne is assured—with or without your cooperation!

God may not need us, but we desperately need Him. The Bible continues, “ ‘In him we live and move and have our being’ ” (Acts 17:28), “in him all things hold together” (Col. 1:17). Our every breath is dependent upon the mercy and grace of God. The universe is held together at His discretion.

God - Fools - Ourselves - Him - Him—to

Not only do we need God, but we make fools of ourselves if we try to defy Him. If we attempt to hurt Him—to get even with Him because we do not like the way He runs the universe or our lives—we emerge as the real losers. Note the futility of trying to “get even” with God:

Indeed, our puny defiance is comical when contrasted with the majesty of God. “It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers” (Is. 40:22).

Fact - God

Yet, despite the fact that God does not need us, He loves us dearly. We perceive...
(Excerpt) Read more at: sharperiron.org
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If the Government could just stop...
Tagged: