Two-year-old girl struck by foul ball at Houston Astros game suffered skull fracture

Mail Online | 6/26/2019 | Marlene Lenthang For Dailymail.com;Associated Press
EGFZE (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/27/01/15305788-0-image-a-39_1561595304197.jpg

The two-year-old girl who was struck by a foul ball last month at a Houston Astros vs. Chicago Cubs game has suffered serious injuries including a skull fracture and a seizure and is now on medication.

The child's family is finally disclosing her condition, hiring attorney Richard Mithoff who listed the extent of her injuries in a letter to Astros owner Jim Crane.

Girl - Head - Cubs - Outfielder - Albert

The little girl was struck in the head by Cubs outfielder Albert Almora Jr’s fourth-inning line-drive that flew into the stands behind third base at Houston's Minute Maid Park on May 29.

She was sitting on a relative's lap when she was struck in the head and was rushed to the hospital, where she remained for several days.

Letter - Fracture - Brain - Contusions - Bleeding

The letter revealed she suffered a skull fracture, brain contusions, bleeding, brain edema, and a seizure. As a result she is now on medication to prevent future seizures and is recovering at home.

'Her progress will be reassessed in July, and the (family) hope to have more information then about the residual effects of the injuries,' Mithoff said.

Family - Options - Fans - Astros - Outpouring

'The family has retained me to consult about their options and to publicly thank the fans and Astros for their outpouring of support,' he added.

The family hasn’t said yet if they plan to sue the baseball team.

Astros - Statement - Wednesday - 'The - Astros

The Astros released the following statement Wednesday saying: 'The Astros continue to send our thoughts and prayers to the young girl and her family. We continue to respect the family’s request for privacy and have no further comment at this time.'

A day after the shocking hit Major League Baseball released a statement calling the incident 'extremely upsetting' and vowed to continue to examine its policy on protective netting at stadiums.

All major...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It takes a government, to create a genocide.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!