‘The Good Liar’ Trailer: Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen Star in a Con Artist Romance Thriller

/Film | 6/26/2019 | Ben Pearson
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/The-Good-Liar-Helen-Mirren-Ian-McKellen.jpg

Bill Condon, the Oscar-winning filmmaker who recently directed the live-action Beauty and the Beast for Disney, is back with a new movie, and this one does something that’s inexplicably never been done before: it pairs Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen on the big screen together for the first time ever.

The Good Liar, a twisty con man thriller based on the best-selling novel, looks like a throwback to the types of films that aren’t often made anymore: slick, well-produced, mid-budget theatrical events for adults. Check out the first trailer below and jump on the hype train early, because this looks like it could be a surprise favorite by the year’s end.

Trailer - Rules - McKellen - Con - Man

This trailer rules. McKellen as an aging con man? Mirren as someone who almost certainly is more than she appears? Where has this movie been all my life? I mentioned earlier that this is the kind of movie that’s rarely made these days, but actually, I can’t recall seeing an aging con artist thriller since David Mamet’s Heist back in 2001, which starred Gene Hackman, Danny DeVito, and Delroy Lindo. This type of movie isn’t just rare – it’s like finding a four-leaf clover in the middle of a football field.

/Film’s Peter Sciretta and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into"--Jonathan Swift