Father raises $12,500 for charity after Twitter users urged him to dye his hair bright blue

Mail Online | 6/26/2019 | Shirley Donlon For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/26/22/15299710-0-image-a-2_1561584111599.jpg

A 42-year-old man has managed to raise a whopping $12,500 for charity simply by dying his hair blue and sharing the process online.

Matthew Green, a cryptographer and security technologist from Hanover, New Hampshire, took to Twitter on Monday, June 24, to reveal that his son wanted to dye his hair blue. However, the child said he would only dye his hair if his father did, too.

Twitter - User - Matthew - Decision - Refugee

A fellow Twitter user then urged Matthew to go through with the decision, offering to donate $300 to the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services if he saw that Matthew had dyed his locks blue.

Matthew's first tweet, which has since gone viral, read: 'My kid wanted to die his hair blue but would only do it if I also did and now I’m questioning this whole "parenting" decision.'

Matthew - Tweet - Filippo - Valsorda - Cryptographer

After seeing Matthew's tweet, Filippo Valsorda - a fellow cryptographer who works at Google - said: 'I will donate $300 to RAICES to see this happen.'

Filipo's tweet attracted dozens of responses, as different users said they were also willing to donate money to the non-profit if Matthew dyed his hair blue.

Matthew - Situation - Weird - Appointment - Hair

Shortly after, Matthew admitted that the situation had become 'super weird', before adding that he had booked an appointment at a local hair salon in Florida.

'I have an appointment to bleach and dye my hair in an hour.

Dye - Salons - Fashion - Colors

'Apparently I have to provide the dye myself because the fancy salons around here don’t do "fashion colors,"' he said.

In a subsequent tweet, Matthew said the only reason he was going through with the decision was because it would mean he could raise money for a good cause.

Users - Money - Fillippo - Matthew - Hair

After many different users offered to donate money, Fillippo revealed that Matthew dying his hair could raise up to $12,500.

Matthew jokingly said he...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!