Noah Hawley Wants Kevin Feige To Treat Him Like A “Marvel R&D Department”

The Playlist | 6/26/2019 | Charles Barfield
EGFZE (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/noah-hawley.jpg

Noah Hawley is one of the more interesting filmmakers working today. After breaking through with his incredible FX series “Fargo,” the writer-director-producer kept that streak going, but in a completely different genre — superheroes. “Legion” is based on an ‘X-Men’ character and is wrapping up its highly-acclaimed run this year. Largely, Hawley has succeeded by pushing the boundaries of the genre and medium and he feels that’s exactly the type of thing that could help Marvel Studios.

Speaking to THR, Hawley talked about the final season of ‘Legion’ as well as a recent meeting he had with none other than Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige. And while he’s not sure what the future might hold, he says that the purpose of the meeting was for Hawley to pitch himself as the “Marvel R&D department.”

Marvel - Studios - President - Kevin - Feige

“I did sit down with [Marvel Studios’ president] Kevin Feige recently and I said that I look at myself as sort of the Marvel R&D department,” said Hawley. “I know the genre can do all of these amazing things that [the Marvel Cinematic Universe] is doing, but my feeling is, what else can we do with it? Can we make it surreal? Can we make it musical? Not as a gimmick, but all of these techniques are about putting you into the subjective...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It takes a government, to create a genocide.