Missouri teen pays tribute to the slain cop who rescued him from burning home when he was a baby

Mail Online | 6/25/2019 | Marlene Lenthang For Dailymail.com
kimberly163 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/26/05/15263318-0-image-a-106_1561524947017.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/06/24/2339099826504447053/1024x576_MP4_2339099826504447053.mp4

A teenager has paid a touching tribute to a slain Missouri police officer who rescued him from his burning building when he was a baby.

KeAndre Colenburg, now 18, was just two years old when he was rescued by then rookie St. Louis cop Michael Langsdorf after his house caught on fire and his father dropped him from the roof of their home to responding officers below in 2003.

Sunday - Langsdorf - Line - Duty - Check

On Sunday Langsdorf, 40, was fatally shot while in the line of duty, responding to a bad check complaint at a food market. He had worked as a police officer for over 17 years.

Following his death cops shared images of the front page of the a St. Louis Post-Dispatch newspaper from the 2003 fire showing baby Colenburg clinging to Officer Langsdorf after he was rescued.

Colenburg - Picture - Media - Cop - Life

Colenburg saw the picture on social media and was heartbroken to learn the cop who saved his life was killed on duty.

'That's me. The police officer is actually the one who caught me,' he said to KMOV.

'It - Kind - Heartbreaking - Guy - Day

'It was kind of heartbreaking because I was hoping to meet the guy again one day because he did kind of save my life,' Colenburg said. 'It's really sad.'

Colenburg has kept a copy of that newspaper with his picture splashed on the front page all these years, hoping to one day give the officer a proper thank you.

Colenburg - Fire

Though Colenburg doesn't remember much of the fire,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!