Syfy’s ‘Deadly Class’ is Dead, Fails to Find Home at Another Network

/Film | 6/25/2019 | Ben Pearson
Click For Photo: https://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/deadly-class-1.jpg

Earlier this month, Syfy cancelled Deadly Class, its adaptation of the Image Comics title about a homeless teen who’s recruited to a private school where the world’s top crime families send their heirs to prepare to take over the family business. And though there was a tiny sliver of hope that the show could find another home at a different network, that hope has now been extinguished.

Rick Remender, the writer/executive producer of the show and the writer of the comic on which it’s based, took to Twitter to confirm the sad news for fans: Deadly Class is dead.

Class - Network - Which - Sort - Perfect

Deadly Class will not be moving to a new network. Which is sort of perfect when you think about it. If you want to see what happens after the 1st season you'll have to buy the comics, which are pretty keen. Thank you to our fans for the huge support. You helped soothe the sting.

There you have it: Deadly Class is over, but the comics will continue in their ongoing monthly format, so you don’t have to say goodbye to these characters forever.

Part - Problem - Time - Season - Deadly

Admittedly, I am part of the problem here because I didn’t make the time to check out the first season of Deadly Class when it aired on Syfy. But /Film’s Jacob Hall, who knows the comics well and who did tune in to the series, sent me his thoughts about why the show never quite...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!