Border facility where migrant children are kept in squalid conditions refuses donation of diapers

Mail Online | 6/30/2018 | Dailymail.com Reporter
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/25/21/15247324-0-image-a-76_1561492968963.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/06/24/1869404038025397512/1024x576_MP4_1869404038025397512.mp4

People trying to donate diapers, soap, toothbrushes, medicine, and toys to child migrants at a border facility in Texas are being turned away.

But Border Patrol agents have not allowed locals to help those who have been held according to Austin Savage and his five friends, who crammed an SUV full of $340 worth of purchases from a Target in El Paso which they tried to donate.

Water - Clint - Facility - Tastes - Bleach

It has been reported drinking water in the Clint facility tastes like bleach and children do not have enough clothing while being held for weeks in dirty conditions without adequate food.

Attorneys last week raised alarm after found more than 300 children detained in squalid conditions and being cared for by other children who they're not even related to.

Evelyn - Stauffer - Spokeswoman - Department - Health

Evelyn Stauffer, a spokeswoman for the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), said Monday that 249 children from the facility at Clint, Texas were being transferred to shelters run by the agency by Tuesday.

Savage was snot surprised to get turned away by Border Patrol agents.

Texas - Tribune - Monday - Friend - Mine

He told the Texas Tribune on Monday: 'A good friend of mine is an immigration attorney, and he warned us that we were going to get rejected.

'We were aware of that, but it's just the idea of doing something as opposed to passively allowing this to occur.'

Antideficiency - Act - Government - Allocation - Congress

The Antideficiency Act states the government must stick to an allocation from Congress and can't spend money or accept donations other than that.

Former policy advisor for U.S. Customs and Border Protections, Theresa Brown, said the reason is supposedly because it helps government decisions remain separate from private-sector interests.

'It - Thing - Congress - Purse - Money

'It's partially a constitutional thing about Congress controlling the purse and only being able to spend money that Congress gives, but it's also about ethics,' Brown told the Texas Tribune. 'Without a change in law, DHS, CPB and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!