Cardinal Burke corrects LifeSiteNews: 'I have never worked with Steve Bannon'

Catholic News Agency | 6/25/2019 | Staff
LordLord (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/images/Cardinal_Raymond_Burke_at_EWTN_studio_in_Rome_during_the_Canonization_of_Pope_St_John_Paul_II_and_Pope_St_John_XXIII_Credit_Steven_Driscoll_CNA.jpeg

Rome, Italy, Jun 25, 2019 / 12:45 pm (CNA).- In a statement today, Cardinal Raymond Burke issued a correction to a now-removed LifeSiteNews article, which claimed that Burke was collaborating with former President Donald Trump advisor Steven Bannon on a film exposing homosexuality in the Vatican.

The film in question will be based off a book on the same subject by Frédéric Martel, entitled “In the Closet of the Vatican.”

LifeSiteNews - Contact - Involvement - Burke - June

“LifeSiteNews made no contact with me to verify my possible involvement,” Burke said in his June 25 statement. “Given the overall content of the article and given several statements made by Mr. Bannon in the article, I must make the following clear: I do not, in any way, agree with Mr. Bannon’s assessment of the book in question.”

“Furthermore, I am not at all of the mind that the book should be made into a film,” Burke added. “I disagree completely with a number of Mr. Bannon’s statements regarding the doctrine and discipline of the Roman Catholic Church.”

Burke - Objections - Bannon - Assessment - Questioning

One of Burke’s main objections to Bannon’s assessment is his questioning of permanent celibacy for priests, which is “in accord with the example and desire of Christ, Head and Shepherd of the Church,” Burke noted.

The article, which has since been removed from LifeSiteNews, linked Burke with Bannon through their involvement in the Dignitatis Humanae Institute, of which Burke was named Honorary President several weeks ago.

Bannon - Critic - Pope - Francis - Dignitatis

Bannon, a well-known critic of Pope Francis, has been working with Dignitatis Humanae for several years, and has currently been working on building up a leadership training program and right-wing think tank within the institute for American and European Catholics, according to Reuters. Bannon also told Reuters that he is working on building up a populist national movement in Europe, in contrast to the European Union.

In September 2018, Burke told Reuters that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Catholic News Agency
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Warum denn nicht?