Weird Moment on CNN: Trump Accuser Says ‘Most People Think of Rape as Being Sexy’

NewsBusters | 6/25/2019 | Staff
max1max1 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/anderson_cooper_360_-_08_11_03_pm.jpg

CNN anchor Anderson Cooper interviewed E. Jean Carroll on Monday, a woman who has accused Donald Trump of assaulting her in a dressing room back in the ‘90s. The interview, at times, took weird turns, including when Carroll described the reaction many have to the word rape as “fantasies” and “being sexy.”

Cooper seemed so unnerved by the exchange that he immediately cut to break and talked over her. After telling the host that there was “penetration” in the assault, she added, “I was not thrown on the ground and ravished which the word rape carries so many sexual connotations. This was not sexual.” Cooper seemed clearly confused by this. Carroll then added, “I think most people think of rape as being sexy.”

Cooper - Exchange

Cooper immediately tried to cut to break and this awkward exchange happened:

E. JEAN CARROLL: I think most people think of rape as being sexy.

ANDERSON - COOPER - Let - Break

ANDERSON COOPER: Let's take a short break.

CARROLL: They think of the fantasies.

COOPER - Mmm - Break - Side

COOPER: Mmm. We’re going to take a quick break if you can stick around on the other side.

CARROLL: You’re fascinating to talk to.

Week - MSNBC - Rape - Charges - Trump

Last week, when asked on MSNBC if she would bring rape charges against Trump, she replied, “I would find it disrespectful to the women who are down on the border who are being raped around the clock down there without any protection.”

Cooper introduced the interview on Monday by bringing up “When Bill Clinton was accused two decades ago, it shook the country.” The rape allegations of Juanita Broaddrick did shake Americans, but not many journalists. CNN’s Dan Rather dismissed it and said people aren’t interested. On Tuesday, the networks ignored Carroll describing rape as “sexy.”

Transcript

A partial transcript is below:

ANDERSON COOPER: She's not my type. That is what the president of the United...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Goverment, no matter how big, is always a big problem.