Principal of school where boy was badly burned in a chemistry experiment cries in court

Mail Online | 6/24/2019 | Jennifer Smith;Andrew Court For Dailymail.com
xhelloworld (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/24/20/15197804-0-image-a-6_1561404471627.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/06/20/2568611893505407539/1024x576_MP4_2568611893505407539.mp4

The principal of a school where a boy was badly burned during a botched chemistry experiment in 2014 wept in court on Monday as she had to recall the incident.

Alonzo Yanes, now 21, was severely burned in 2014 while taking part in an experiment at The Beacon School in Manhattan.

Teenager - Time - Burns - Percent - Body

He was a teenager at the time and was left with burns to 30 percent of his body.

Now, Yanes is suing the school for $27million claiming his burns have left him so unhappy and with such low confidence that he has never had had sex.

Monday - Ruth - Lacey - Stand

On Monday, principal Ruth Lacey was called to the stand to testify.

It is not yet known what she said but photographs of her weeping in the witness box emerged.

Week - Yanes

Last week, Yanes testified himself.

'The way that I look, it gets in the way too much. I don’t think the scars are very attractive,' the 21-year-old told the courtroom.

Yanes - Burns - Percent - Body - Face

Yanes sustained third-degree burns to 30 percent of his body, including his face, when he was engulfed in a fireball when Poole was conducting a 'Rainbow Experiment' at The Beacon School, a selective public prep-school located in ****'s Kitchen.

He is suing for $27million in a civil suit.

Stand - People - Years - Accident

On the stand, he also revealed that he has never got used to people 'gawking' at him in the five years since the accident.

'I will never get used to that. It still hurts tremendously,' he stated.

Student - Glasses - People

The former student further stated that he often takes off his glasses so that he can not see people staring at him.

'The world wasn’t very accepting of the way that I physically looked,' he said.

Yanes - Court - Day - Passes - Injuries

Yanes then painfully told the court: 'Not a single day passes by when I don’t think about my injuries or what my life...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8