Maleah Davis is laid to rest in a heartbreaking funeral service in Houston

Mail Online | 6/22/2019 | Andrew Court For Dailymail.com
maye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/23/05/15138150-0-image-a-11_1561265461512.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/05/13/8936509753991672920/1024x576_MP4_8936509753991672920.mp4

Maleah Davis has been laid to rest at a private funeral in Texas, three weeks after her remains were discovered dumped in a trash bag by the side of a freeway.

The four-year-old - whose disappearance transfixed the nation - was remembered by family and friends in an emotional service held Saturday at Crossing Community Church in Houston.

Wristbands - Church - Maleah - Custom - My

Only those with wristbands were allowed to enter the Church, where Maleah's custom designed My Little Pony casket was placed front and center and Mayor Sylvester Turner delivered a speech.

ABC 13 reporter Stefania Okolie was the only news reporter inside the venue, and she shared heartbreaking photos of Maleah's funeral booklet, which featured a message written from the youngster's perspective.

Life - Everyone - Smile

It read: 'I enjoyed my life and I want to thank everyone who made me laugh, smile and love on you.'

'I will always hug and sing with all my cousins and friends, I love you.'

Maleah - Father - Craig - Davis - Instagram

Maleah's father, Craig Davis, took to Instagram where he shared a number of snaps that showed him wearing a shirt with his daughter's face photo-shopped on the front.

Later, during Maleah's burial, her mother, Brittany Bowens, released a single white dove which flew off into the sky.

Service - Weeks - Girl - Remains - Garbage

The powerful service comes three weeks after the girl's remains were found dumped in a garbage bag near a freeway outside of Hope, Arkansas, weeks later on May 30.

Her stepfather, Derion Vence, 27, has now been charged in relation to her disappearance and remains behind bars.

Police - Remains - Area - Derion - Community

Police found her remains in the area after Derion reportedly told a community activist he had disposed of her body there.

He is being held in Houston jail on a charge of tampering with human remains, after allegedly claiming that the girl had died accidentally and admitting that he dumped her body...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!