California teen, 13, recounts horrifying moment when a poisoned sea lion bit her on the leg

Mail Online | 6/22/2019 | Rod Ardehali For Dailymail.com;Dailymail.com Reporter
gbabii05 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/21/16/15091836-0-image-a-17_1561131990771.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/06/20/5633670953098391585/1024x576_MP4_5633670953098391585.mp4

The California teen who is recovering after being bit by a sea lion has declared that she never wants to 'get near one or see one ever again.'

Megan Pagnini, 13, described the attack at Pismo Beach as being a moment of 'total fear.'

'I - Water - Fun - Pagnini - Friday

'I was at the water, I was just playing around, jumping -- having fun,' Pagnini said on Friday in an interview with Good Morning America. 'And I was taking silly pictures, when all of a sudden, it came out of nowhere and bit my leg.'

s

Teen - Animals - Attack

The teen shared that she always considered the animals to be cute until the attack.

'I thought they were just so cute and little and mostly just like little like beans that were just swimming around being cute,' she added. 'I thought they were just the most adorable little things. They're just the puppies of the sea.

'And now I think they're really scary. I don't want to get near one or see one ever again.'

When the wild attack occurred, Pagnini was in total shock and didn't know how to react.

Teen - 'I - Help - My - Brain

The teen said: 'I just thought to just scream and try to get help because I didn't even know what was happening. My brain couldn't really process it.'

Video taken of 13-year-old Megan Pagnini at Pismo Beach captures the moment the sea lion charges out of the water and bites her on the leg, leaving her with a deep and painful flesh wound.

Sea - Lion - Adult - Female - Signs

The sea lion, an adult female, was exhibiting signs of domoic acid poisoning, which causes disorientation and brain damage in marine animals, according to Todd Tognazzini of the California Department of Fish and Wildlife.

A photograph taken of the bite afterwards shows blood seeping from her injury.

'I felt it...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Been there, done that, twice...