Jihadi Jack reveals he joined ISIS because he thought he was 'going to something better'

Mail Online | 6/21/2019 | Danyal Hussain For Mailonline
hi09 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/21/18/15093962-0-image-a-13_1561136432708.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/06/21/5935303217027134040/1024x576_MP4_5935303217027134040.mp4

Jihadi Jack has admitted he was an 'enemy of Britain' and had been ready to carry out a suicide attack on behalf of ISIS, in a shocking new interview.

Jack Letts, 23, is currently languishing in a Kurdish jail after travelling from his home in Oxford to join ISIS.

Interview - October - Conclusion - Parents - Trial

He gave the interview in October but it has only now been released, following the conclusion of his parents' trial.

Letts revealed how he joined ISIS because he thought he was 'going to something better'.

Attack - Car

He also said that he had wanted to carry out a suicide attack by using a car.

Today, John Letts, 58, and Sally Lane, 57, were found guilty of funding terrorism by sending their Muslim convert son £223.

BBC - Interview - Letts - 'If - Member

In the BBC interview, Letts admitted: 'If I was a member of the British public, I wouldn't give me a second chance probably.'

He also spoke about why he joined the terror group, claiming: 'I thought it was some sort of morality actually at the time.

Life - Others - Top - Idea - Islamic

'Why do I have this nice life, and others don't? And then, on top of that, the idea of it being an Islamic state and it's actually your duty to do this.

'I think it was probably just a very emotionally-driven period of my life. I'm just glad that I didn't die.'

Suicide - Attack - 'I - Point

Speaking about a potential suicide attack, he said: 'I used to want to at one point, believe it or not.

'Not a vest. I wanted to do it in a car. I said if there's a chance, I will do it.'

Letts - Disorder - Militia - Iraq

Letts, who suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder, is currently believed to be imprisoned by militia in northern Iraq.

He also admitted in the interview that he was a poster boy for ISIS.

Letts - Living - IS-stronghold - Raqqa

Letts even admitted that he 'loved' living in the IS-stronghold of Raqqa but ran away...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
How's that peak oil working out for you?