'Gagging' and 'dry-heaving': The left's love affair with public transit collides headlong into its homeless problem in Seattle

www.americanthinker.com | 6/21/2019 | Staff
MonkeyBubble (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.americanthinker.com/images/bucket/2019-06/214364.png

Well, now we come to the reality of public transit, in ultra-blue Seattle, home to one of the nation's largest homeless communities. Jason Rantz at conservative 770 KTTH radio writes what it's like, quoting an actual complaint:

Every morning, I get off the bus at this stop to a line of tents and horrible smells. Other than the space the tents occupy on the sidewalk, I’ve actually never been bothered by the people. What kills me beyond anything I would have imagined however, is the smell.

Tents - Pool - Water - Garbage - Waste

Behind the tents is a sitting pool of water filled with garbage and most likely human waste. It has always bothered me, but upon getting off the bus one morning, I immediately began dry-heaving and gagging, as I couldn’t bear even finishing the bite of food I had in my mouth. It is completely disgusting and makes me sad to know people are living right there among it.

Homelessness is a blue-city problem. Not just because of the high cost of housing and taxes, which are indeed factors. But as Roger Simon notes, blue cities refuse to enforce their own quality of life laws, such as the laws against rampant public drug use. That argument can be extended to vagrancy, petty "broken window" crimes, public drinking, and undoubtedly, public defecation. Zero enforcement to these "non-violent offenses" as the left famously calls them, amounts to an incentive to violate those laws. That's a dinner triangle for some of the homeless to set up tents in city streets and on public transit instead of move into homeless shelters, where drug use is forbidden. Seems at least some of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.americanthinker.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!