Bat-Wielding Subway Rider Threatens Armed Retired NYPD Officer. It Does Not Go Well For Him

The Daily Caller | 6/21/2019 | Staff
Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/NYSubwayGUn-e1561120871142.png

A retired NYPD officer pulled his revolver to subdue a bat-wielding homeless man threatening passengers on a city subway Wednesday.

The incident occurred on the G train in Brooklyn around 7 a.m. when a man wielding a bat threatened David Morales, a retired 28-year NYPD detective who happened to be carrying his revolver, the New York Post reported.

Bat - Morales - Revolver - Stay

“You’re gonna hit me with a **** bat?” Morales said as he brandished his snub-nose revolver. “Stay where you’re at. Stay where you’re at.”

Another subway passenger captured the exchange on a cell phone video. The detective holds his gun by his side while talking to the unruly passenger, who repeatedly yells, “You’re threatening me!”

End - Video - Officer - Man - Arrest

At the end of the video, the officer informs the man he is under arrest. NYPD Transit posted a tweet supporting Morales’s actions.

Police identified the suspect as Brian Baska, a homeless man.

Detective - Firearm - Part - Job - City

The detective said he is required to carry his firearm as part of the job he now holds with another city agency, according to an interview with CBS2.

Morales said he reverted to his training, and was glad...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!
Tagged: