Acquire Libra? No thanks, Facebook, it’s just a load of fizzy water

www.theregister.co.uk | 6/21/2019 | Staff
bungienet (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://regmedia.co.uk/2017/05/01/loadsamoney.jpg

Something for the Weekend, Sir? "People love being sold to."

The guests flicked glances at each other in disbelief but were too polite to say anything. We were at my old business partner's retirement party and he was giving the after-dinner speech. Did he just say what I thought he said?

Something - Way - People

"I learnt early on that if you can sell something in the right way, people simply adore it."

This conclusion followed an anecdote in which, as a lad being paid a few pennies to make deliveries for the local baker, he'd fallen off his bicycle into a puddle during a rainstorm and got the loaves wet. Ah bless. You could cry for the little fellow.

Life - Choices - Directions - Me - Shop

Now here's where his life choices and ours clearly headed in different directions. Me, I would have trudged back to the shop, sick with shame and worry, to make my apologies and incur the baker's wrath. More sensitive types might have considered cashing in their paper-round savings and stowing away on board the next liner to Australia. But not this kid, oh no.

Instead, he went on a charm offensive, determined to complete his delivery rounds regardless. By the end of the morning, he managed not only to sell all the damp bread but make a little extra profit than usual by convincing customers on the doorstep that the soggy wrapping was a special product feature to prevent it from drying out too quickly.

Lifetime - Success - Media - Sales - Results

Inevitably a lifetime of success in media sales followed. You can't argue with the results. People love being sold to.

People want to believe rubbing rose-scented butter around their eyes will make them appear younger. They are convinced that hideous cars are beautiful. They are desperate to believe that being famous on social media is important. They want to be assured they are doing, saying or thinking...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.theregister.co.uk
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Freedom is Never Free!