How Marvel and Game of Thrones will make Comic-Con 2019 truly epic

CNET | 6/20/2019 | Caitlin Petrakovitz
superdudea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/X31prn6SLrb-IbjDfSZadHwoQLY=/756x567/2019/05/23/067e2af7-56d3-43b5-9103-ca67e3c82a52/avengers-endgame-post-release-10.jpg

Seems legit.

Comic-Con 2018 was huge and over-the-top, with more extreme experiences than I'd seen in the decade since I first started attending SDCC.

News - Front - Chill - Breaks - Announcements

But on the news front, Comic-Con 2018 was sorta chill. No major breaks or announcements came until Saturday at the Warner Bros. panel. There was no big, crazy reveal Wednesday during preview night, no major stunners Thursday (though seeing the new Doctor on stage was wonderful), and Friday passed with little to get excited about.

Surprisingly it was DC that brought the fire: Details on its new streaming service, tons of new trailers and tidbits about new DC Extended Universe films that excited even this MCU fan.

Year - Absence - Saturday - Night - Marvel

Last year, the absence of a Saturday night Marvel Studios panel or a look at the final season of Game of Thrones was deeply felt. In 2018 in fact, both Disney and HBO took SDCC off, and that was a letdown. Especially considering all the rumors and slips were right: the final Game of Thrones season premiered and ended its run well before Comic-Con 2019.

But now, with reports indicating Marvel will be returning to San Diego after last year's hiatus, we can safely say the 50th Comic-Con is going to be anything but a snooze.

Interview - Week - ComicBook - Com - Marvel

In an interview this week with ComicBook.com, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige said we can expect Marvel to announce more on the future of the MCU after the release of Spider-Man: Far From Home, but was noncommittal on whether Marvel would officially hit SDCC. He definitely wasn't sharing what the studio would bring to Comic-Con or to its own D23 event in August:

"We've done it, I think, at least twice already where we've done both ... And if we do both this year we find a way to divvy it up or to do it to give a spin...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!