Former First Lady's gay love letters reveal a **** affair with a woman that lasted thirty years

Mail Online | 6/20/2019 | Lauren Fruen For Dailymail.com
Mkgirlz (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/21/00/15060628-0-image-a-17_1561072037242.jpg

Love letters from a former First Lady reveal her **** affair with a woman ten years her junior that lasted nearly thirty years.

Rose Cleveland, the sister of the 22nd and 24th president of the United States Grover Cleveland, embarked upon a lengthy romance with Evangeline Simpson Whipple after the pair met in late 1889.

First - Lady - Rules - Presidents - Relative

She had been First Lady after rules stipulated unmarried or widowed presidents had to have a female relative with them in the White House.

Her brother Grover, the only American president in history to serve two non-consecutive terms, first took office in 1885 as a 47-year-old bachelor.

Rose - First - Lady - Years - Administration

And that meant Rose served as First Lady for the first two years of his administration before he married 21-year-old Frances Folsom.

Two years later, when she was 43-years-old, an unmarried Rose would meet Evangeline, then aged 33.

Years - Messages - Couple - Days - Italy

After years of exchanging messages the couple would finally go on to live together, seeing out their final days in Italy. They are buried next to one another there.

A new book, Precious and Adored: The Love Letters of Rose Cleveland and Evangeline Simpson Whipple, 1890-1918, reveals the extent of their relationship.

Letters - Public - Memo - Letters - Relationship

The letters had been hidden from the public until 1978 after a memo warned the letters 'strongly suggest that a **** relationship existed between the two women'.

The new book is the first time they have been printed together as a complete collection.

'Yes, I dare it, now, I will not longer fear to claim you. You are mine...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!