Chrissy Teigen is mom-shamed for taking three-year-old Luna to the dentist

Mail Online | 5/19/2020 | Danielle Zoellner For Dailymail.com
hoppers911 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/19/22/15002202-0-image-a-34_1560979002255.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/06/19/7325343143038727190/1024x576_MP4_7325343143038727190.mp4

Chrissy Teigen was mom-shamed after she shared a sweet video of her three-year-old daughter, Luna, at her first dentist appointment — with people claiming the young girl should've gone sooner.

The 33-year-old cooking guru and model shared an adorable video of Luna at her first dentist appointment. During the clip, Luna demonstrated to the dentist how she brushed her teeth on a stuffed dinosaur.

Slew - Comments - People - Teigen - Daughter

But this invited a slew of critical comments from people inquiring why Teigen did not take her daughter to the dentist when she was younger.

According to People, one commenter wrote: 'What age do they start over there? My daughter started seeing a dentist at a yr old.'

Teigen - Quip - Person - Luna - Age

But Teigen was quick to respond with her own quip against the person attempting to judge Luna's age over it being her first trip.

'Was waiting for this. U guys never fail me,' the mother-of-two replied to the comment, which has since been deleted.

Commenter - One - Luna - Age - Appointment

The commenter was not the only one to mention Luna's age when it came to her going to her first dentist appointment.

Another person wrote: 'First? They made us start at 6 months lol.'

Academy - Pediatric - Dentistry - AAPD - Parents

The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) recommends for parents to take their children to the dentist by the age of one or within six months of their first tooth.

But opinions about this recommendation can vary depending on the dentist, as there were a number of dental hygienists commenting on Teigen's photo with their own thoughts.

Need - Dental - Assistant

'There really isn't a need to go when they are one,' one former dental assistant wrote. 'They are just looking and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't panic!