Russell Crowe reveals he bought a DINOSAUR SKULL from Leo DiCaprio

Mail Online | 5/19/2020 | Dailymail.com Reporter
itsdonaldk (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/19/22/15005766-0-image-a-20_1560979552468.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/05/09/6361100097152237779/1024x576_MP4_6361100097152237779.mp4

He's worth a rumored $95million.

But Russell Crowe could be potentially worth double that, had he not turned down a $100million role in the Lord Of The Rings movies, the actor revealed in an interview with SiriusXM's The Howard Stern Show on Wednesday.

Gladiator - Star - Skull - Leonardo - DiCaprio

The 55-year-old Gladiator star also spoke about buying a dinosaur skull from Leonardo DiCaprio while drunk, admitting 'There was a bunch of vodka involved in that transaction.'

Scroll down to see videos

Stern - New - Zealand - Actor - Name

Speaking with Stern, the New Zealand born actor admitted he couldn't remember the name of the dinosaur whose skull he had purchased.

'I knew you were going to ask me that,' he said, laughing.

Skull - Mosasaur - Platecarpus - Ictericus - Sotheby

The skull belonged to a Mosasaur (Platecarpus Ictericus) according to Sotheby's Australia.

Telling the talk show host he'd bought the skull as a gift for his children, the actor said Leonardo mentioned the artifact during a drinking session at the Titanic actor's house, saying he was looking to sell it.

Crowe

'I'll buy it,' offered Crowe.

The Oscar winner said he then asked Leo the price: 'He was pretty cool about it, he said "Just give me what I paid for it" and I think he paid like thirty or thirty-five [thousand]'.

Stern - Surprise - Head - Crowe - Dinosaur

When Stern expressed surprise at how cheap that was for a dinosaur head, Crowe quipped, 'It was not a very popular dinosaur.'

Crowe later sold the skull at his 2018 'divorce auction' for approximate $45,000.

Howard - Russell - Time - Role - Aragorn

Howard also asked Russell about the time he turned down the role of Aragorn in the Lord Of The Rings films.

The star of A Beautiful Mind had been offered ten percent of the gross profits on the films, which Stern estimated at a loss of $100million from...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!