God’s Fingerprints on a Wedding Cake Topper

(in)courage | 6/19/2019 | Staff
nallynally (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/20190619-Hodges-Fingerprints-1200x858.jpg

“It’s here!” I exclaimed to myself in the parking lot of the post office. My wedding cake topper was finally here!

Planning a wedding has a lot of joyous moments – finding the dress, picking your bridesmaids and the venue, planning your future with your fiancé. And while all that was special for me, finding the perfect cake topper was an extra special step in the planning process for me.

Problem - None - Cake - Toppers

When I first started looking for one, I kept running into the same problem: none of the cake toppers looked like me.

Born with a facial difference — a purple port wine stain birthmark that takes up nearly half my face – I’ve embraced who I am as I am. And while I didn’t need a cake topper that looked one hundred percent just like me, I needed one that honored the natural beauty I felt God intentionally gave me.

While - Someone - Birthmark - Cake - Topper

It took a while to find someone willing to make one for me. When I googled, “birthmark wedding cake topper,” I initially got naked mole rats wearing a veil and top hat, which wasn’t exactly what I was aiming for. So when I opened the box sitting in front of me, my heart raced with excitement. I lifted up the customized piece made of clay and admired the handmade beauty. My eyes were instantly drawn to my clay face because finally I found a cake topper that looked like me.

Even better? As a handmade piece, the clay captured the fingerprints of the sculptor’s, and they were everywhere. They were on my birthmark, on our clothes, and on our hair. They were even on my flowers!

God - Moment - Car - Parking - Lot

Instantly, I had a “God moment” sitting in my car in that parking lot. In the midst of wedding excitement, life felt messier than usual. It felt chaotic and busy....
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
He is faithful!