Canadian woman's Halloween skeleton mistaken for real corpse by police

Mail Online | 12/31/1969 | Dailymail.com Reporter
baileyboo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/18/18/14948250-0-image-a-57_1560878890482.jpg

Police flocked to Canada superstore parking lot this weekend after receiving calls about a suspicious human body in a car, only to find it was a shockingly realistic Halloween skeleton sitting in the front seat.

The hilarious incident took place in New Brunswick on Saturday after Rachel Schmidt, of Fredericton, and her 11-year-old son purchased a very realistic-looking skeleton at a local yard sale for $2.

Halloween - Decoration - Jeffy - Trunk - Car

The Halloween decoration, named Jeffy, didn't fit in the trunk of her car so she thought it'd be funny to strap him into the front passenger seat.

On the way home, Schmidt stopped by a local grocery store and when she returned to her car she was shocked to see it blocked by police cruiser after somebody called the cops out of concern.

Officer - Vehicle

The officer approached her and said they needed to inspect her vehicle.

'Then it click, "Oh my gosh, it was that Halloween decoration,' Schmidt said to CTV Atlantic. '(It was) just a silly Halloween thing, but they really had to look at it, just to make sure.'

Officer - Yard - Sale

After the officer checked out the yard sale buy she was let go.

'I just hope I didn't scare some poor person who walked by and thought there was actually a skinned human in my car,' she said.

Schmidt - Bizarre

Schmidt shared the bizarre...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!