3 Content Marketing Tactics That Will Help You Be More Awesome-er

SundayU Magazine | 3/26/2019 | Meagan Ranson
Caris (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://sundaymag.tv/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/CONTENT-MARKETING.png

Listen. I know “awesome-er” isn’t a word. But words are hard. Which is why we’re talking about content marketing!

What is content marketing? Well, that’s tricky. Content marketing is kind of everything. It is text, audio, video, images…anything that conveys a message to your audience is content marketing. As a Communications Director, everything you do could be considered some form of content marketing. That website event page? Content Marketing. That social media post about new service times? Content Marketing. The directional sign in your lobby? Content Marketing. The sermon slides? Content Marketing.

Term - Bit - Home - Everything - Message

I know I’m stretching the term a bit, but I want to drive home that everything you do and don’t do communicates a message and creates a story. As a church, we may utilize content marketing differently; we aren’t usually driving our audience towards a sale, but we are driving them towards community, relationship, a lifestyle, a person.

So taking the time to create strategic and intentional communication matters. But let’s be real, most everything matters or we wouldn’t be doing it. So let’s keep it simple and create some guidelines for easy and effective content.

Ear - Persona - Audience

If it’s not compelling, it will go in one ear and out the other. This is where having persona’s really comes in handy. You’ve already determined who your audience is and what motivates them. Pull from it.

We need to stop thinking that just because we have followers, we have our followers attention. We are not entitled...
(Excerpt) Read more at: SundayU Magazine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: