BUYING A NEW CHURCH PA SYSTEM

ChurchTechToday | 6/18/2019 | Wes Lambert
urbanagirl3 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchtechtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Buying-a-New-Church-PA-System_ctt_FACEBOOK.jpg

When our congregation approved the construction of a new sanctuary, my pastor told me that he wanted me to be in charge of the selection and installation of the PA system. I immediately said a very definite “NO!” Several passionate conversations later, he asked, “Why is it that you are so unwilling to take charge of this project?”

I told him, “Because I know how churches operate. They will spend a million dollars on a building, but won’t spend 100 bucks on a PA system. No thanks.”

Reply - Charge - Project

His reply “That is exactly why I want you to be in charge.” And so, kicking and screaming, I was put in charge of the project.

So—how do you start from scratch? Where does one begin? First of all—PRAY. You will need wisdom, patience, tolerance, and grace for this job.

Approaches

There are two approaches:

1. Do it yourself or 2. Find a consultant. Even with all the experience I have had in this field, I strongly recommend the second alternative.

Firm - Consultant - Church - PA - System

Choose a firm or consultant to help your church implement a new PA system should. This expert should:

Don’t choose a salesperson for a name brand.

Brand - Sanctuary - Equipment - Fad - Guinea

You don’t want your brand new sanctuary to have out-of-date equipment. But also, don’t be smitten by the latest fad. Unless you are willing to be a guinea pig, stick with ‘tried and true’ equipment. You want a workhorse—not a racehorse!

Knowing how to put all the components together strategically is vital for a unified system with good church sound.

Design - Implementation - Business - Expert

Acoustical design and implementation is tricky business. This is where an expert can really shine.

While it’s nearly impossible to predict the future, thinking ahead as best you can is vital. If your church is traditional with a grand piano or an organ–this needs to be taken into consideration with a new church sound system.

Anyone

Anyone who volunteers to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchTechToday
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You can never use the word unexpected when it comes to abuse of power by the government.
Tagged: