Nun appointed by Pope Francis to advise bishops praises ‘small steps’ toward women’s ordination

LifeSiteNews | 6/17/2019 | Staff
Night987 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://assets.lifesitenews.com/images/made/images/remote/https_www.lifesitenews.com/images/local/maria_luisa_berzosa_1024_512_75_s_c1.jpg

ROME, June 17, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) — A nun appointed by Pope Francis to the Vatican body tasked with offering strategic direction to the Synod of Bishops’ gatherings has stated that the priesthood will become accessible to women in “small steps.”

Sister Maria Luisa Berzosa, who was among the first four female consultors to the General Secretariat of the Synod of Bishops, whom Pope Francis appointed in May, said necessary steps are now being taken for women to achieve greater visibility in the Church structure, even while they may be “small” steps.

Things - Steps - Processes - Responsibilities - Ordination

“Things would have to change,” she said. “But I think that if steps are taken, processes are made, responsibilities are assumed, the [ordination of women] can be at the end of this process, without much ado, as a natural progression,” she said in a June 15 interview with Crux.

Sister Berzosa is a Spaniard who belongs to the Daughters of Jesus (Jesuitesses) congregation. Berzosa is the leader of Faith and Joy (Fe y Alegría), an international organization that promotes the Jesuit vision of education and social welfare, mostly in Latin America. Since its creation in 1965, the General Secretariat had never before had female members.

Berzosa - Crux - Optimist - Regard - Catholic

Berzosa, speaking to Crux, described herself as an “optimist” with regard to change within the Catholic Church.

“It is true that when I accompany a person spiritually, I can’t hear their confession,” Berzosa lamented, “and I have to call somebody else to lead the liturgy. And sometimes I wish I was able to do that.”

Berzosa - Women - Members - Church - Women

Berzosa said women are “living members of the Church and not mere spectators.” Women, she said, need “more visibility, more places of leadership, positions of responsibility, a bigger presence in the decision making.” While saying civil society has led the way in that regard and much needs to be done in the Church, Berzosa said...
(Excerpt) Read more at: LifeSiteNews
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never under estimate the power of the people, especially when they are a stupid mass!