FOLLOW SUNDAYU

SundayU Magazine | 6/18/2019 | Carl Barnhill
jollyjetta (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.sundaymag.tv/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/anderson-w-rangel-1070738-unsplash.jpg

Full disclosure: I’m more of a pastor than a techie. Don’t get me wrong – I love all aspects of using media to create experiences where people grow closer to Jesus. I love computers, cameras, lighting, audio, sets, switchers, and other production gear. But my passion is people.

So I’m coming at this topic fully knowing that I’m biased, but I do believe wholeheartedly that you can have all the production gear in the world and all the best toys, but it’s all for naught if you don’t consider people. If you don’t invest in both the audience you’re creating your experience for and the volunteers and staff that help you execute your experience, in church world, I believe you’re missing the point.

Mind - Thing - Team - People

With that in mind I’d like to submit to you the one thing, that if you focus on, I promise your team will grow more than you ever thought possible: people.

As a Church Media Director, I could get so wrapped up on Sunday’s with the details of the service- how transitions went, how camera shots looked, whether we hit that guitar solo, if lyrics were late, if the videos...
(Excerpt) Read more at: SundayU Magazine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: