Pranksters fool excited birdwatchers into thinking they have spotted PINK pigeon in Britain

Mail Online | 5/19/2020 | Dianne Apen-sadler For Mailonline
HelloimMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/18/14/14933652-0-image-a-17_1560864729386.jpg

Pranksters have fooled an amateur birdwatcher into thinking he had spotted an ultra-rare pink pigeon more than 6,000 miles away from its homeland - only to discover it had been dyed.

Ben Hanks, 26, spotted the garish-coloured fowl while eating lunch outside in Bracknell, Berkshire, yesterday.

Creature - Nesoenas - Mayeri - Pink - Pigeon

He initially thought the feathered creature could be the Nesoenas Mayeri pink pigeon, but wildlife experts have said the colours are unnatural.

There are fewer than 500 of the birds left, and traditionally they have a peachy-coloured breast and back, a rust-coloured tail and a dark pink beak.

Contrast - Pigeon - Mr - Hanks - Head

In contrast, the pigeon Mr Hanks spotted has a grey head, white wings and a neon pink breast and tail.

An RSPB spokesperson confirmed to the MailOnline that the bird's bright hue was definitely not natural - and it was not from the Nesoenas Mayeri family.

Mr - Hanks - Arborfield - Berkshire - 'I

Mr Hanks, from Arborfield, Berkshire, said: 'I have never seen anything like this before and we were both very confused when we first spotted it.

'I reached for my phone...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!