Nolte: Trump Is Wrong About Outlawing American Flag Burning

Breitbart | 6/18/2019 | Staff
yana.booyana.boo (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/06/american-flag-burning-640x335.jpg

President Trump believes a Constitutional Amendment to ban the burning of the American flag is a “no brainer.” I disagree.

The Amendment in question is the brainchild of Sens. Steve Daines (R-MT) and Kevin Cramer (R-ND), and Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR), and is necessary because the Supreme Court has already ruled (correctly) that the burning of the flag is constitutionally protected speech. There is only one avenue around the Supreme Court: a Constitutional Amendment.

Politics - Democrats - Media - Confederates - Record

The politics behind this are obvious. Once again Democrats and their media confederates will go on the record defending flag desecration. As always, rather than defend the principle, the left will overreach in defense of anything anti-American and in doing so betray their own anti-Americanism. I get all that.

But as much as I despise the burning of the American flag, what I hate even more is the idea of living in a country where the government can punish you for it.

Object - Belongs - Right - Burning - Homeowners

Any inanimate object I purchase legally belongs to me, which means I now have the right to do whatever I want with it — including the safe and legal burning of it. If I cancel my homeowners insurance and obtain the correct permits, I should be allowed to burn down my house. It’s mine.

If someone purchases an American flag, or the gay flag, or a Bible, or a Koran, it belongs to them and if they want to throw it in the fireplace or on the grill, it is their God-given right as an American to be an ****.

Bit - Issue - Speech - Extremist - Speech

You see, I’m a bit biased on this issue — I’m a free speech extremist. Any speech that does not encourage criminality or violence should be protected from any kind of government censorship, corporate blacklisting, or social shunning. I want to live in a country where people can express themselves...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Government, where everything works great, until something has to work.
Tagged: