A La Carte (June 18)

Tim Challies | 6/18/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2-TUES-940x492.jpg

There’s a fair bit of Piper and Keller in today’s Kindle deals, though some of it is on the high end of bargain territory. Still, there are deals to be had.

If you’re into podcasts, or even if you’re not, you may enjoy the new show “Extremities.” Episode one was just fascinating.

David - Powlison - Service - Today - PM

David Powlison’s memorial service is scheduled for today at 3 PM EST. You can watch the livestream at CCEF.

I often wondered this too. “I’m not sure why my kids can’t get a glass of water on their own. They know where the cups are kept. They know where the water comes from. They have the skills necessary. Maybe water, hand-delivered by dad, just tastes better—like Coke does when it’s drunk from a glass bottle. I’m not sure why my kids holler from their bed, rather than just slip out from under the covers and come quietly down the hall to gently wake me from my slumber, instead, they insist on calling me in the night.”

Lore - Ferguson - Wilbert - Influencer - Idol

Lore Ferguson Wilbert: “Sometimes it is for the influencer to smash their idol of personal persona, and sometimes it is for the followers to smash their idol of expectations. If followers have an expectation of an unchanging person or a person who is seamless all the way through, it’s the expectation that is wrong, and not necessarily the person they follow. We make enemies of the ‘celebrity Christians’ but most of us don’t set out to become celebrities, and none of us can stand for long on the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: