Dwayne Johnson tells crowd to be their 'most authentic selves' as he accepts MTV's Generation Award

Mail Online | 5/19/2020 | Brian Marks For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/18/04/14920484-0-image-a-162_1560830127935.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/06/18/7344339306137236578/1024x576_MP4_7344339306137236578.mp4

He surprised the audience by opening his appearance with a haka, a Māori war dance.

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson put on a fiery show before opening up at the 2019 MTV Movie and TV Awards.

Actor - Wrestler - Fans - Sel - Ves

The 47-year-old actor and wrestler urged his fans to be their 'most authentic sel[ves]' as he accepted the lifetime achievement award.

Following a montage of The Rock's film roles that highlighted his bruising action roles and hilarious comedic turns, he was joined on stage by a throng of dancers.

Haka - Dance - Queen - Will - Rock

Their haka dance, set to Queen's We Will Rock You, featured the dancers gyrating as billowing clouds of smoke shot up around the stage.

'The Rock' was projected behind the action in fiery letters.

Moves - Set - Hobbs - Shaw - Star

After showing off his impressive moves with the set, the Hobbs & Shaw star accepted his golden popcorn.

The show's host, Zachary Levi, bowed down in reverence as he presented the award.

Dancers - Choreographers - Shout-out - Wife - Lauren

After thanking the dancers and the choreographers, he gave a quick shout-out to his wife Lauren Hashian and his three daughters, Simone, 17, Jasmine, three, and Tiana, one.

'I also want to thank my family at home, my girls. I've got a house full of strong-a** women at home!'

People - Fans - Home

'I want to thank you, the people, the fans. I thank you. All of you at home,' he continued.

'You are the reason I’m getting this, so I want to share a really quick lesson with you guys that I’ve learned over the years.'

Time - Years - Transition - WWE - Superstar

He traveled back in time to his early years as he tried to transition from being a WWE superstar to a film superstar.

'When I first...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!